Friday, October 1, 2010

Stereotypical Music Post

Alright, so I have this shiny new blog and I want to post more... So I figured I'd go with the usual "Here's what I listen to.  You'd better like it too." post.  Enjoy :)

I'd say my main musical tastes are firmly rooted in rock/indie rock.  I grew up on Rush.  F*** yeah.  I'm a drummer (who also plays guitar) so Neil Peart was my idol growing up.  A lot of people don't really get what Rush is all about.. so I'm gonna suggest just a few songs that seriously rock. (And not in the "old person" sense of the word.) Btw, to listen to these, I suggest just typing them into grooveshark dot com.  Seriously awesome website.  and research orbit downloader and how to use it with grooveshark.  that's all i'm gonna say. :)

Sick Rush Songs:
La Villa Strangiato - I have to start with this.  If you appreciate guitar, check out this solo.  EPIC.
Driven - Very Bass-oriented song.  Try to get the Different Stages Live version.  Sweet bass solo.
Analog Kid - Just a fun-sounding song.
I'm gonna end with Natural Science.  Just a great summary of Rush.  8 minutes of rock.  What else could you want?

Okay, now that Rush is out of the way, I do have *new* music taste as well.  In fact, I don't really listen to Rush that often anymore, but I still think everyone should be aware of how great they are.  And they are still my favorite live band.

Actually, I think I'm gonna share my newer music in a new post.  So let me know what you think of the Rush songs!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment